Shelter Animals Count – Agreement For Shelter Data
Shelter Animals Count (“SAC”) maintains a database of animal shelter data (the “Database”),
in an effort to create a national database for the animal welfare field (the “Project”).
When a shelter (“Shelter”) provides information (the “Information”) for the Database, it
will be provided and used on the following terms:
1. Shelter agrees to submit complete data into the SAC data matrix portal each month.
2. Permission to use Information. SAC has permission to use any Information submitted by Shelter
to SAC in the Database at no cost to SAC. This permission will be on a non-exclusive, worldwide,
royalty-free, permanent basis, meaning that Shelter may give others permission to use the Information
in addition to SAC; that the Database may be used anywhere and without time limit; SAC does not have
to pay any royalties for using the Information in the Database.
3. Permitted uses of Information. SAC may use the Information by compiling it with the data of other
participating organizations and otherwise supporting its development of a national database for the
animal welfare field. SAC may make the data in the database available to members of the public,
both by making it available for review on SAC’s website and also by releasing the data in CSV or
comparable format. SAC may include the Information in data analysis projects, and may disclose,
publish, or present the results of those projects for any lawful purpose relating to the Project,
including demonstrating the Project to potential funders. SAC may not, however, disclose, distribute,
present, or publish any of the Information in a way that discloses the identity of any animal or
any person associated with an animal.
4. Shelter owns the Information. Shelter does not transfer ownership of the Information to SAC,
5. Shelter’s and SAC’s representations to each other. Shelter represents to SAC that the Information is
accurate and that it is not limited in any way from sharing the Information.
Shelter agrees to SAC’s